[WikiBG-Info] Invitation to Wikipedia for Peace Kick-off 2017

Thomas Schallhart thomas.schallhart at gmx.at
Tue Sep 20 22:20:38 EEST 2016

Dear Wikimedia Bulgaria team,

I met Nikola on Sunday in Germany at WikiCon and talked to him shortly
about this already. Maybe you have heard of the project "Wikipedia for
Peace", which we have organised in Austria in 2015 and in 2016.
Wikipedia for Peace is a volunteering camp where people from different
parts of the world come together for about two weeks. They first learn
how to write/edit Wikipedia articles and then contribute to improving
the articles on peace movements in their native language. In Austria the
project is a collaboration between Wikimedia Austria and the Austrian
chapter of the peace organisation Service Civil International. You can
find information (and a video) about the project here on Meta:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_for_Peace_2016

In 2017 we want to motivate other Wikimedia chapters to start up similar
projects in their countries and communities and to spread the project
around the globe. In both camps that took place in Austria so far we had
a very motivated Bulgarian participants, Zhenya Gundasheva from Stara
Zagora (here in CC), who is interested in setting up a Wikipedia for
Peace camp in Bulgaria together with the Bulgarian Service Civil
International (CVS Bulgaria, here in CC as well) and you. Would be
great, if it worked out, you have our support! :)

In order to support planned Wikipedia for Peace projects, we organize a
kick-off event in Vienna around Easter 2017. The Kick-off will be a
training in how to organize such a project, so we will share a lot of
the good and bad experiences we made in the past year and we will
discuss how the project can evolve and improve. Apart from Austrian,
Russian, Swiss, German, possibly Polish and Italian participants, Zhenya
will participate in the Kick-off. We would also like to invite one of
you from Wikimedia Bulgaria or the Bulgarian Wikipedia community to join
the training. It will probably be 4-5 days long (probably one weekend +
one additional day) and we are currently applying for funding from the
European Commission for the training, so that accommodation, food and
travel costs would be fully covered.

If you would to send someone to the training, you would need to be an
official partner organization in the application form, which I will
submit on October 4th. So you would need to fill out the two documents
in the attachment:
- Partner Identification: Here you would need to fill out what is in the
form. Maybe it's not so clear what a "PIC" is - that is a identification
number that organizations have, when they apply for funding with the
European Commission. Maybe Wikimedia Bulgaria already has one of those
because of partnership in applications in the past, otherwise you would
need to register with the European Commission and upload some documents
about your organization to their online portal. If you don't have a PIC,
I can guide you through the process.
- Mandate: Here you need to replace everything that is yellow with the
data from Wikimedia Bulgaria, let the document be signed by somebody who
can legally sign documents for Wikimedia Bulgaria and send me the scans.

Hope to hear from you! :) Please get back to me, if you have any questions.

All the best,
Thomas

PS: I started my 100wikidays yesterday - great initiative from Bulgaria!