[Ceespring-localorganisers] CCC and CEE Spring 2019 lists

Mārtiņš Bruņenieks martinsb at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 16:36:13 EET 2019

Hello, local organizers of CEE Spring 2019!

It is time to work on this years article lists for your
country/region/language. As last year, we expect them to be limited to
exactly 100 topics[1], but the final decision is yours.

This Wikimania we were approached by Marc Miquel (User:Marcmiquel) who
thought his Cultural Context Content research [2] would be a great fit for
topic selection. We were open to have a practical application of it, so
this is what you can try:

1. Improve your list, using CCC for your language by going to CCC/CEE
Spring page [3] and choosing your language. Then open links in "en" column
and you will get several lists of topics (using different criteria) about
your country/language.

2. During the contest besides your list direct users to CCC/CEE Spring page
[3] and tell them to use your language code in each of language/region
tables. This will give them topics which are missing in your language about
chosen topic.

If you have any questions about these lists, please let me or Mark know.

 Mārtiņš

[1] During previous years review it was agreed that very long lists can be
too daunting for new users so it was decided to limit them.
[2] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_Cultural_Diversity_Observatory
[3]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Spring_2019/Top_CCC_articles