[Ceespring-localorganisers] Re: 1914-18 related topics for CCEspring

Liam Wyatt liamwyatt at gmail.com
Wed May 3 16:58:05 EEST 2017

Dear CEE-Spring coordinators,

Now that the CEE Spring competition is well underway, I wanted to thank the
9 participating groups who have created a "Europeana 1914-18" category in
their article list: Azerbaijan, Bashkortostan, Bosnia and Herzegovina,
Croatia, Latvia, Romania, Republic of Srpska, Russian Federation, and
Turkey! [1] If you would like any assistance in cross-promoting that,
please contact me or Ad Pollé (cc'd).

However, only two of those groups (Latvia and Romania) have signed on to be
official participants of the Europeana 1914-18 Challenge itself:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Europeana/1914-18#Participating_affiliates

You are *not* required to be a part of the Europeana 14-18 challenge to be
involved in the CEE Spring competition. But, if you DO want to use your CEE
Spring activities as part part of the Europeana 14-18 campaign, then you DO
need to have a project page on Meta for your affiliate.

Furthermore, the Europeana 14-18 campaign is about demonstrating a
"portfolio" of activities - in which CEE Spring is one - that relate to the
period of 1914-18. And remember, one of those activities must be in
association with a Europeana GLAM partner or service.

Myself, or Ad Pollé (cc'd) can assist you if you want to contact us
directly. We have already provided specific ideas for local partnership
possibilities to each of the affiliates already signed up.

Sincerely,
- Liam / Wittylama, Europeana GLAMwiki coordinator

[1] Direct links:

   - https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Spring_
   2017/Structure/Azerbaijan#Europeana.2F1914-18
   <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Spring_2017/Structure/Azerbaijan#Europeana.2F1914-18>
   - https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Spring_
   2017/Structure/Bashkortostan#Europeana.2F1914-18
   <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Spring_2017/Structure/Bashkortostan#Europeana.2F1914-18>
   - https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Spring_
   2017/Structure/Bosnia_and_Herzegovina#1914-18
   <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Spring_2017/Structure/Bosnia_and_Herzegovina#1914-18>
   - https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Spring_
   2017/Structure/Croatia#k._1914-18
   <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Spring_2017/Structure/Croatia#k._1914-18>

   - https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Spring_
   2017/Structure/Latvia#1914-18
   - https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Spring_
   2017/Structure/Romanian#k._1914-18
   <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Spring_2017/Structure/Romanian#k._1914-18>
   - https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Spring_
   2017/Structure/Republic_of_Srpska#1914-18
   <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Spring_2017/Structure/Republic_of_Srpska#1914-18>
   - https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Spring_
   2017/Structure/Russian_Federation#Europeana.2F1914-18
   <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Spring_2017/Structure/Russian_Federation#Europeana.2F1914-18>
   - https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Spring_
   2017/Structure/Turkey#.27Europeana.2F1914-18
   <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Spring_2017/Structure/Turkey#.27Europeana.2F1914-18>

wittylama.com
Peace, love & metadata