[Ceespring-localorganisers] Re: CEE Spring starts next week

Teemeah . teemeah.wikiposta at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 20:01:15 EET 2017

Hello organisers

I would like to reflect on one of the points. "Our intention was to limit
lists to 10 articles per topic and focus on quality source (English)
articles"

I understand this, but we need to realize that enwiki is far from being
stuffed with quality articles on everything, and most such articles have
previously been written on majority of the CEE languages. It is simply
difficult to find quality Englsh articles that have NOT been written on at
least 5 or 6 of the desired languages. If we stuff the article lists with
articles that have been written in most of the languages, what can those
contestants from involved countries choose form, then? We spent long hours
searching through enwiki. It's getting more difficult. Unless we want
people to rework articles that have already been written, but many people
simply don't like that, it's more difficult to rework an already existing
article than start a new one afresh.

Kind regards
Timea
Hungary