[Ceespring-localorganisers] CEE Spring starts next week

Mārtiņš Bruņenieks martinsb at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 10:59:44 EET 2017

Dear local organizers of CEE Spring,

it will be you that will make the contest a success and it starts already
next week. However, there are some tasks remaining:

1. Article lists need to be finished before the start of contest. Our
intention was to limit lists to 10 articles per topic and focus on quality
source (English) articles. While some organizers decided to ignore the
advice and we will not enforce anything, we still suggest to keep lists
shorter. We wrote a blog post on how to make these lists better [1].

2. If you need a site notice template, there is an example available [2].
Each Wikipedia will manage their site notices by themselves, there will not
be a centrally coordinated one like during WLM.

3. There will be no requirement to buy books/reference material as prizes.
These can also be vouchers at websites like Amazon (or your local
alternative).

4. Please finalize local rules before the start of contest, then translate
to English and post on Meta page [3]. This is not required by March 21, but
do not postpone it too far.

5. There have been some changes in order of thematic country weeks due to
some countries not participating this year. You may need to update your
local contest pages [4].

6. If you are interested in promoting events from your contest, we can give
you posting rights to the CEE Spring Facebook page [5].

--

 On behalf of CEE Spring international organizers

 Mārtiņš / User:Papuass

[1]
http://ceespring.eu/blog/2017/03/07/7-tips-that-will-make-your-list-for-cee-spring-even-better/

[2] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Spring_2017/Central_Notice