[Ceespring-localorganisers] 1914-18 related topics for CCEspring

Liam Wyatt liamwyatt at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 14:18:51 EET 2017

Dear local organisers,

At the suggestion of Лорд Бъмбъри, I have added the heading "1914-18"
to the list of optional categories for this year's selection of
articles. See: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Spring_2017/Participants#Duties

This relates to another ongoing challenge, organised by Europeana,
where Wikimedia affiliates are invited to submit a portfolio of
activities showcasing activities they have taken relating to that
period of time - as part of the centenary of WWI and the ongoing
"Europeana1914-18" projects. That competition does NOT require all the
activities be related to WWI, only that time period! Details on meta:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Europeana/1914-18

If your Wikimedia affiliate wishes to be a part of that project, you
can ALSO include this suggested topic area in your CEE Spring list,
and have it counted as one of the elements in that competition
portfolio. This would make 1 action count as an outcome for 2
projects!

Equally, even if you don't decide to include a specific topic area
"1914-18", you could indicate in your other topic ares if/when the
articles relate to that period with a little icon using
[[File:Europeana_1914-1918.png]]. This is equivalent to the way, last
year, several countries identified biography about women in all their
topic areas (for example: Austria indicated three women's-biographies
in the 2016 competition "science" topic area
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Spring_2016/Structure/Austria#i._Science
).

If you would like to know anything more about the Europeana 1914-18
challenge, and/or how contributions to CEE Spring can also be used to
particulate in that activity at the same time, please contact me. Also
cc'd to this email is Ad Pollé, the coordinator of the whole Europeana
1914-18 program: http://www.europeana1914-1918.eu/en/explore He can
help you contact relevant local GLAM partner organisations in your
country, if you wish.

Please note - neither of us are subscribed to this mailing list so if
you wish to contact us please do so directly or with 'cc' as we will
not automatically see replies to this email thread.

Sincerely,
- Liam / Wittylama
Europeana GLAMwiki Coordinator