[Ceespring-localorganisers] Re: Prizes this year

Liam Wyatt liamwyatt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 16:36:58 EET 2017

Further to Vira's example,
I would also recommend vouchers/gift-certificates when possible. This has
the significant advantage that you, as organiser, don't need to purchase
physical items and post them and also that they, as winner, don't have to
share their home address and can chose a prize that is most interesting for
them personally.
For the *Europeana Art History Challenge *last year, we gave prizes of
Amazon.com "eGift vouchers" -
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0145WHYKC/ref=s9_acss_bw_cg_gclptcg_2a1_w?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-1&pf_rd_r=6F5WGD76QB0FCGETG7AN&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=2120cd97-b2d2-47db-9a65-1c678be2a6e7&pf_rd_i=2238192011
If this is feasible in your country, I recommend this because of the wide
range of options for the winner, but also because of the ease to create +
send multiple vouchers, using your own logo, and obtain a purchase-receipt.
Any problems (e.g. prizes lost in the mail) can then go through amazon
customer service systems, rather than become 'your problem'. The *Europeana
*finance administration staff MUCH preferred to do this than to manage
inventory control.
I realise that this is not an option for every country. The 'learning
pattern' for 'delivering prizes' also suggests the option for credit to the
Wikimedia Store:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Learning_patterns/Delivering_prizes

Sincerely,
-Liam / Wittylama